Saturday, September 24, 2011

Books, Books, Books

We did some more exploring in Chatham the other day and discovered a used bookstore called Book Brothers. We didn't think to ask the guys if their name was Book. (I do have inlaws whose name is Book, and one of them is actually a retired librarian.) Anyway, what a find. Rooms full of books, well organized, and very nice ambiance. Mart & I both found books that we'd been looking for. I recently read a biography on P.G. (Pelham Grenville, nick-named Plum) Wodehouse that I picked up at the Chatham Library booksale. We've been fans of his since watching the old Jeeves & Wooster series a few years ago. We still pop off with some of the phrases we picked up while watching Bertie Wooster's misadventures. I'd never read any of the Wodehouse's books though. We found a couple old paperbacks at Book Brothers, and learned there are collectors in the area that usually snap up anything that comes in. It made my finds seem that much more special!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hurray! I love Wodehouse. Enjoy!

Mark said...

What Ho! Stiff upper lip, and all that. I get at least one laugh per page out of those books.