Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Learning Curve


I am having to learn quite a few new things living in Canada. One of them is how to tell the temperature. We don't do fahrenheit here, we do centigrade. So it's not 62 degrees now, it 17 degrees. But since my 63 year-old brain still thinks Fahrenheit, I have to do the math to know if I should be hot or cold. Joking; I just like to know how it works. So, here's the formula for those that want to know; take the temperature times 9, divide by 5, and add 32 and, viola! you've just converted centigrade to fahrenheit (which I even know how to spell now). Try it, it's fun! So, yesterday it was 17, which is quite chilly since it's been in the 30's a good part of summer. It was cloudy too, but not raining, so Mart & I decided to go for a walk. In Mitchell's Bay, which is about a 20 min. drive from here. It's on the shore of Lake St. Clair. Hence the lovely sunset photo. We're wearing jackets, because it's breezy and 17 degrees. I love it!

1 comment:

Mark said...

Neat photo; nice sunset.