Sunday, October 2, 2011

More Sewing


Like I said, I like to sew while I watch TV in the evening. By hand. I gave my sewing machine away when we downsized. I didn't think I'd need it. But I've always enjoyed hand work, and I find it keeps me awake long enough to enjoy a program or movie. I tend to think that when I sink into my easy chair, it's nap time. So, one stitch at a time, I've managed to finish some very satisfying projects. The hamper liner even has french seams (I learned to do that in 7th grade sewing class many years ago). The curtains in our bedroom are fully lined. "I can't believe you did that all by hand!" my sister-in-law Willie said. I can hardly believe it myself. But, I was there.

1 comment:

JB said...

What, all by hand? I would still be struggling with the first project.