Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Never forgotten


Just two years ago, many of our large extended family gathered in Oklahoma to savour the final days of my mother Phyllis with us. Sometimes I like to reflect back to another time to gain perspective on the present. Our whole world revolved around the crisis of mom's brain tumour in 2010. Each of us had to grapple with how we would deal with the loss of our mother, sister, aunt, wife, grandmother. She left a big emptiness in our lives when she left this earth. But, thanks be to God, He is big enough to fill any gap, and we can carry on until our time comes to join Him and our loved ones in heaven. I thank God for the heritage of faith that my family has nurtured in us. My aunt Lois has left us now too. What comfort we shared with our aunt and uncles who remain and share that faith, our most precious gift, as we gathered in Arkansas this time to bid farewell to Aunt Lois.

No comments: