Monday, August 22, 2011

Ontario Corn Season



We happen to live in the best sweet corn growing region of all Canada. Southern Ontario not only grows sweet succulent mouth-watering corn on the cob, but it is the top grower of popping corn as well. But we'll wait for Fall to enjoy that salty buttery treat. Fresh, as in picked daily, corn is available at many road-side stands right now. It's cheap, delicious, and so-o-o-o good for you! Especially if you eat it my favorite way. Don't be shocked, but it only needs to be steamed for about 5 min. and then eaten naked (the corn, not me!). No butter, no salt, just fresh sweet corn. Local, seasonal, natural. We will enjoy it while we can. Also in abundance now, tomatoes! . . .peaches are coming on the scene, new potatoes. I really wanted to write about our blueberry picking experience with my sister-in-law Peetra, but I forgot the camera that day.

No comments: