Thursday, January 12, 2012

California Snowman

This is all about Linda Gooch's art again. Linda, multi-talented, made this cute snowman for us several years ago. Of course, knowing us like she does, she had the snowman sipping on a little cup of tea (made from an acorn). The pen & ink drawing in the frame is also a Gooch piece. Linda, along with a few other Lompoc artists, did some illustrations for our writing group's first (& only!) book called Mantel Pieces, a collection of short stories. This one, called "Mississippi Mantel" illustrated a story I wrote by that name. This mantel is still in our old tearoom, Penelope's, in Lompoc. The antique sofa was sold. I used to buy and sell antiques through the tearoom. I've always loved the way Linda drew this scene. It makes me feel cozy and makes me want to have a nice cuppa and read a good story. It never snowed in Lompoc during the 10 years we lived there. We haven't seen much snow in our part of Canada yet this year, but they say it's coming tonight! If so, I'll have pictures of it tomorrow.

No comments: