Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Home Cookin' in the Pines

Today was the day for our anniversary outing. Our destination was about an hours drive from Chatham near the town of Aylmer. It's called Pinecroft, and includes a B&B, tearoom, gift shop, and a pottery studio, among other attractions. We hope to return sometime and explore the area further. We had a very enjoyable lunch in the Green Frog Tearoom. Mart had mushroom soup, a great roast beef sandwich, and Caesar salad. I had chicken & dumplings, cole slaw, and a roll. Everything was homemade, even the bread for the sandwich! We only have one puzzlement, and so far it seems to be consistent. Why do the tearooms in Ontario not serve real tea (loose) prepared in a real teapot?! What's with the hot water and a tea bag? There, I've got that off my chest. I had to say it.

1 comment:

JB said...

That is strange considering their earlier ties with Great Britain. I would have also been astonished!