Sunday, January 8, 2012

Gooch Art

Today I'm beginning a retrospective on the Linda Gooch art in our home. I've communicated with Linda and she thinks it's a fine idea. I think everyone will enjoy the tour, seeing life through her eyes. Her art, like all artists, is her life. The colors, the light, and the perspective, are what Linda sees and seeks to share with us. The painting I've chosen to share today is one our our favorites. It's the home of our dearest friends, Barb & Chuck Arnold, 1890 House Bed & Breakfast, in Lompoc, Calif. It's also where Martin and I tied the knot exactly 12 years ago today! It is also where Barb & I first began serving afternoon teas together. Two years later, Barb & Chuck helped us launch our full-time tea room and gift shop, Penelope's Teas & Gifts. Penelope's was purchased by Shelley & Billy McCabe in 2007. The painting of this house was reproduced as a greeting card, and has always been a best seller in the tearoom. Many people have enjoyed the hospitality at the 1890 House, and Linda's beautiful art has captured that for us.

No comments: